myCourses - Blue Ridge Community CollegeLog in
News & Events
Stay Home When You are Sick
Notify your instructor as soon as possible if you have tested positive for COVID-19, are awaiting a test result for COVID-19, you have been asked to quarantine by a health official, or have COVID-like symptoms.
Provide your instructor the following information:
- Your full name and contact information
- Names of your instructors
- Names of classes you attended in person during the previous week
- Whether face covering was worn in class
- Whether you need support services, i.e. computer, hot spot and etc.
Student information will be kept confidential within the College’s COVID-19 Response Team per FERPA guidelines.
The Student Success Center (SSC) provides academic support and tutoring to BRCC students in curriculum and developmental courses through the use of:
- face-to-face and virtual tutoring
- one-on-one instruction
- peer and instructor tutoring
- computerized instruction
- and workshops.
A Student Success Center instructor is always available to provide assistance, during Student Success Center open hours.
Student Success Tip: Overcoming the Overwhelm
Here we are 8 weeks in. And, similar to that famous hobbit's epic journey to return a piece a jewelry, you may be feeling a bit burned out. If so, College Info Geek's Ransom Patterson says this is often due to one or more of the most common three stress causers:
Which one of the above is weighing you down?
Patterson's article, "Feeling Overwhelmed? These 8 Techniques Can Help," has solutions for each of the above and also explains 8 possible techniques to help you find the relief you may need.
- Do a Reset
- Reestablish Your Routine
- Define Your Priorities and Say No to Everything Else
- Be Selfish (In the Right Way)
- Ignore the Workaholic Cult
- Swallow Your Pride
- Practice Calming Techniques
- Don’t Be Afraid to Ask for Help