myCourses - Blue Ridge Community CollegeLog in
News & Events
Stay Home When You are Sick
Notify your instructor as soon as possible if you have tested positive for COVID-19, are awaiting a test result for COVID-19, you have been asked to quarantine by a health official, or have COVID-like symptoms.
Provide your instructor the following information:
- Your full name and contact information
- Names of your instructors
- Names of classes you attended in person during the previous week
- Whether face covering was worn in class
- Whether you need support services, i.e. computer, hot spot and etc.
Student information will be kept confidential within the College’s COVID-19 Response Team per FERPA guidelines.
The Student Success Center (SSC) provides academic support and tutoring to BRCC students in curriculum and developmental courses through the use of:
- one-on-one instruction
- peer and instructor tutoring
- computerized instruction
- and workshops.
A Student Success Center instructor is always available to provide assistance, during Student Success Center open hours.
Student Success Tip: Log in Often
Make sure you are checking your college email and logging into MyCourses frequently to know what’s going on and when activities are due.
Make sure to go by the dates listed in your module assignments. Not all assignments push to your deadlines calendar, so make sure to visit your course. Many think the "O" in Online means optional. If you don't turn your work in on time, a lower grade will definitely be an option.
We recommend logging in at least 3–4 times a week. Use the following as a rough guide for success (you may need to alter depending on your specific course's schedule):
- Get an overview of the week and what is due.
- Start your readings
- See if there are any new announcements, resources, instructor or peer feedback to help you with any assignments due at the end of the week.
- If you have any questions about assignments, you need to email your instructor to allow for a 24-hour response.
- Some instructors have due dates for initial posts due by Wednesday or Thursday.
- See if any last-minute instructor announcements have been made
- Start replying to your peers' discussion posts.
- Assignments may be due by this date (refer to your class schedule or deadlines)
- Make sure you have completed all necessary work for the week