myCourses - Blue Ridge Community CollegeLog in
News & Events
FALL 2020 Advising and Registration
Advising and Registration for Fall 2020 is happening June 1 – August 13, 2020.
- June 1 – July 17: Contact your academic advisor.
- July 20 – August 13: Visit the Advising Center.
- View Advising and Registration Information
- August 14 by 11 a.m. (if paying in person)
- August 16 by 11:59 p.m. (if paying online)
Student Success Center
The HCC Student Success Center will reopen in General Studies 135 beginning July 6, 2020 and will operate on normal Summer schedule: 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Monday - Thursday.
The Student Success Center (SSC) provides academic support and tutoring to BRCC students in curriculum and developmental courses through the use of:
- one-on-one instruction
- peer and instructor tutoring
- computerized instruction
- and workshops.
A Student Success Center instructor is always available to provide assistance, during Student Success Center open hours.
Student Success Tip: Stop Feeling Overwhelmed
The good news is you are halfway done with the semester!! And while that may seem like a huge accomplishment, which it is, you may be beginning to feel burned out. College Info Geek's Ransom Patterson says this is often due to one or more of the most common three stress causers:
Which one of the above is weighing you down?
Patterson's article, "Feeling Overwhelmed? These 8 Techniques Can Help," has solutions for each of the above and also explains 8 possible techniques to help you find the relief you may need.
- Do a Reset
- Reestablish Your Routine
- Define Your Priorities and Say No to Everything Else
- Be Selfish (In the Right Way)
- Ignore the Workaholic Cult
- Swallow Your Pride
- Practice Calming Techniques
- Don’t Be Afraid to Ask for Help